Biocatalysts are essential tools in chemical synthesis, particularly in the synthesis of pharmaceutical and fine chemical targets. As highly selective catalysts, they offer a direct and simple way to synthesise complex achiral and chiral compounds.
The application of biocatalysts and enzyme technologies in the pharmaceutical, flavour and fragrance, and fine chemical industries continues to grow as it moves from the domain of specialised technology to mainstream methodology. This movement has been facilitated by the increasing commercial ‘off-the-shelf’ availability of biocatalysts. We have heavily invested in this area to secure the supply of selectAZyme™ biocatalysts for manufacturing projects.
Our exclusive technology platform consists of a number of recombinant enzyme panels that can be used in chemical processing across multiple functional group interchanges. In addition, we can offer you a range of enzymes suitable for carrying out a wide variety of chemical reactions. We have the expertise to guide your biosynthesis from conception to scale-up.
We can deliver the following:
- Biocatalytic route invention and process development
- Enzyme supply on a € / Kg basis
- Enzyme development and engineering
- Tech transfer and ongoing support through all the manufacturing steps
- Supply of chiral intermediates
- Fermentation development and scale-up
- Metabolite synthesis
- Supply of achiral and chiral products